Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100.
The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 24 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
Working for Tullow Oil, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference. We p
rovide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on. Tullow Kenya BV is seeking to appoint the following position:
Reports operationally to the EHS Operations Adviser and functionally to the Corporate Environmental Manager.
Job Purpose: In this role, you will advise in-country operations on all aspects of environmental compliance by developing and managing an operational and environmental permitting and licensing plan to enable the activities of the company to proceed in full compliance with national, international, Tullow and industry based standards; and by establishing, documenting, implementing and maintaining an EMS that fulfills the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.
• Establish regulatory and permitting requirements, develop legal compliance register (with emphasis on environmental legislation & implications of new Kenyan Constitution) and a regulatory and permitting management plan to ensure compliance
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with regulatory authorities
• Manage compilation of environmental reports (EIA’s) and submission of environmental permitting and licensing applications to relevant Government authority/agency
• Compile, collate and disseminate permitting/license status reports to all relevant internal and external parties
• Compile, collate and maintain all relevant records relating to environmental permits and license applications, and status thereof
• In collaboration with Group Environmental Manager, establish, document, implement and maintain EMS for Tullow’s Kenyan operations that fulfills the requirements of ISO 14001:2004
• Manage field officers to implement environment management plan and ensure compliance with all legislation.
• Establish, document, implement and maintain project specific environmental management, waste management and oil spill response plans.
• Support local management by establishing and maintaining relationships with Government agencies and departments (e.g. NEMA), NGO’s, CBO’s and other appropriate environmental stakeholders, managing expectations and promoting Tullow business operations.
• Provide assistance and support to Local Management for the identification of stakeholders and resolution of stakeholder issues, including consulting with public bodies as appropriate; support the management of field CLOs; and support the identification of sustainable community development projects.
• Take lead position in ensuring organization compliance with all applicable environmental legislation within Tullow and contractor operations by way of inspections, audits, monitoring, reporting and being accountable for closing audit findings/actions
Education & Experience:
• Higher Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field
• At least 5 years working experience in environmental related practices, preferably in the oil and gas industry
• Working knowledge of the Kenyan environmental legislation and
• Kenyan ESIA assessment and approvals process
• Skills in environmental compliance auditing and monitoring
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience on the development and roll-out of environmental management systems in accordance with recognized international standards
• Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team and influence others in the delivery of good environmental performance
• Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, especially with respect to stakeholder and 3rd party management
• Flexible in approach and able to work under pressure
• Demonstrates a determined and independent approach to environmental performance delivery and displays resilience in the face of obstacles
• Proven ability to set direction, harnesses the talents and energies of team members and supports and encourages them to deliver team goals
• Assesses options using relevant information and makes timely and well-judged decisions
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees before Wednesday 13th March 2013 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.
Dont Miss Our Daily Job Updates Click Here To Subscribe to Career Point Kenya by Email