NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Administrative Assistant Jobs, Administration Jobs, Administrative Jobs, HR Jobs, NGO Jobs, UNICEF Jobs
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Receive, record and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail, Pouch and invoices from staff, vendors, and partners, including submitting Invoices for VAT application keeping track of these correspondence until action is taken.
- Dispatches outgoing communications, including pouches, special courier and hand delivery through outsourced messengers. Also, prepare workload statistics of sub-units and annual expenditure/accounts to maintain proper accounts for all courier mail, calculate, check, verify authenticity and process all invoices for a courier, pouch and postal mail for payment.
- Opens new subject files, as required, and disposes of old files in accordance with established Standard Operating
- Sets up and maintains the office filing system in accordance with an established classification system.
- Establishes and maintains records system of file movements within the office.
- Responds to inquiries regarding files, correspondence and references. Collects reference and background material from registry files, as requested. Prepares and types correspondence relating to registry activities.
- Prepare, and process requisitions for the replenishment of office stationery and equipment, as necessary. Review invoices and breakdown of charges by the vendor against items ordered and reconcile account for prompt payment to vendor. Keep up-to-date records of all orders, charges and invoices and misc. documents required to expedite payment to vendor and/ or to manage items in dispute.
- Maintain and update Record Management and Archives filing system. Ensure all paper archives, historical records, financial records, contracts and confidential information are converted to electronic formats and placed on digital platform. Manage electronic files/ documents, upload, transfer, and relocate materials to enable access to relevant information. Serve as administrator / focal point for record management & archive system. Respond to inquiries and represent unit in internal and external meetings.
- Completion of secondary education; knowledge of record-keeping procedures and some typing skills required.
- Four years of general clerical work, some of which is in a busy registry. Experience working with a diverse environment/serving demanding clientele is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the local language and the working language of the duty station.
How To Apply:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at