NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Business Transformation Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, WFP Jobs
The Head of Business Transformation Unit role is focused on improving the value of technology in WFP Kenya. Through working with our internal clients, building strong relationships with senior management and key stakeholders, continual service improvements and mainstreaming of innovations, the shift to a new digital landscape supports our operational requirements.
- Participate in Country Office strategic planning and operational decisions to advocate for results and outcomes that are aligned with WFP corporate policies, standards and strategy.
- Keep abreast of both Technology standards and WFP’s strategic direction to identify new initiatives, provide guidance on Technology options, and adopt best practices to support the Country Office Strategic Plan.
- Engage with the Country Office business units to understand business objectives, gather requirements, and analyze capabilities with the objective of shaping demand for technology products, offering new opportunities to improve business processes, better stakeholder alignment and creating value for money propositions with technology solutions.
- Contribute to the thought leadership and advisory activities with regards to Cash Based Transfers and Country Office beneficiary data management requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects to ensure solutions transfer into the business in accordance with established overall project objectives and business strategies and requirements.
- Delivery of IT Services for Kenya Country Offices (CO) in alignment with corporate TEC Division governance, guidelines and policies.
- Oversight of managed services ensuring service levels and key performance indicators are met.
- Identification and ownership of continuous service improvements.
- Manage relationships with internal staff and suppliers to ensure effective and efficient technology products and services are delivered.
- Drive a culture where consistent data are effectively used to take decision and drive the implementation of WFP IT innovative solutions.
- Provide leadership and management to BTU staff and act as a point of escalation and coordination for critical incidents.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Senior Management team and Kenya Country Office units via operational meetings.
- Under the Annual CO Performance plan, set targets for delivery of BTU services and manage risks and mitigations of service provision.
- Review CO programme documents (e.g. submitted for Strategic Programme Review (sPRP) and CSP process), providing inputs to incorporate and strengthen Digital Assistance Service components.
- Participate and encourage capacity building initiatives aimed at building solid Digital Assistance Services expertise amongst IT colleagues in the CO.
- Manage and motivate a team of staff, providing coaching, mentoring, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Advanced university degree in business management, computer science, telecommunications engineering or social sciences, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least eight years (of which a minimum of three years internationally) of progressively responsible professional experience in IT or related area, with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in strategy development and digital transformation is highly desirable.
- Experience of delivering IT services that align an organisation’s vision, mission, objectives, strategy, business and user needs.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Sound knowledge of ITIL service principles, experienced supplier manager and focused on delivering CSI across production platforms and IT services
- Has managed large projects requiring innovative recommendations and approaches.
- Has managed large teams in complex environments, providing coaching, mentoring and trainings.
- Has built strong relationships with internal and external partners to identify key business issues and identify new/improved IT solutions and services.
- Has international professional experiences.
- Has shown to be consistent, data driven and agile during urgent situations.
- Has shown to be able to gain credibility and respect from the team.
- Has shown to be open to challenges and to share experience and knowledge with team members and colleagues.
- Has shown to be a change agent and take decision based on effective data analysis and user-centric approach.
- Has proven to listen and understand internal and external partners’ needs
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- Strong leadership in managing and developing operational teams and managed service providers in delivering and supporting IT services across all lines of business
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and resource management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions to non-technical colleagues, establish rapport and persuade others
- Accelerating professional services through industry best practice implementation.
- Ability to lead, train, mentor and coach a highly effective team coupled with project and programme management skills.
- Sound experience in IT Operations, both in HQ and Field contexts
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.