NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Extension Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, RACIDA Jobs
The Food Security extension officer is responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood program in adherence with RACIDA and donor guidelines and standards. He/she will be based in Gedo region Somalia. The project manager will be reporting to the regional programs coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
General result area
The project officer is responsible to for ensuring the project is implemented as planned effectively, efficiently and within the set timelines.
- The role of the food security extension officer is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to the given timelines, work plan, and within budget.
- The food security extension officer will also see to it that the project objectives are met and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Develop and share regular monthly and quarterly work plans and financial projections with all team members involved in the project through effective communication
- Develop and share regular monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner with the project manager, and regional programs coordinator
- Carry out continuous monitoring and overall reporting of the project progress to the programme manager
- Prepare quarterly procurement plans for all items, equipments and services needed in the project and advice accordingly
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to and that necessary administrative, financial and implementation controls are observed and documented appropriately
- Develop and share project information with Donors, stakeholders and project team appropriately upon request
- The project officer should support any internal or external monitoring and evaluation exercises of the project
- Support the project manager and regional programs coordinator in other tasks as needed
- University Degree in development, social science, Agriculture, or any related field
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge and understanding of specific community engagement and context
- Competent computer skills in MS Word, excel and Power point presentations and proficiency in presentation skills
- Competency in report writing skills
- Attentive to detail with strong analytical and observation skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Somali are required.
- Experience working in Somalia, particularly Gedo region. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
How To Apply
- Deadline: Monday 23rd, September 2019
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.