NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Future Education Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, SHOFCO Jobs
To support the Future Education Department by developing relationships with secondary schools and scholarship organizations within Kenya and abroad, preparing students for secondary school and life outside of Kibera through the mentorship, and ensuring continual socio-emotional and leadership development of graduates during secondary school breaks.
Section: Essential Services
Department: Girls Leadership and Education
Location/Work station: Kibera
Working Hours: Monday – Friday | 8.00 AM – 5.00PM
Reports to: Future Education Director
- Proactively develop relationships with secondary schools in Kenya by sharing the SHOFCO/KSG story with the ultimate goal of securing placements for KSG Graduates.
- Proactively develop relationships with scholarship programs with the ultimate goal of securing scholarships for KSG graduates and learning best-in-practice mentorship/socio-emotional training methods.
- Seek out, build, and maintain relationships with key individuals and organizations who may be able to assist KSG graduates.
- Represent SHOFCO and the Future Education Department at various conferences/meetings; proactively seeking opportunities that will benefit the organization and following-through on such.
- Work to find ways to academically support KSG graduates in high school to help them achieve academic success.
- Navigate passport and visa process for students traveling to the US: this includes working with the Ministry of Education and Child Services to secure approval for travel.
- Guide KSG Class 8 students in completion of scholarship applications.
- Aid in the development of a socio-emotional/leadership curriculum to be delivered to KSG graduates during secondary school breaks.
- Serve as assistant facilitator of curriculum during secondary school breaks for KSG graduates.
- Assist in overseeing Community Service Projects during secondary school breaks for KSG graduates.
- Assist in overseeing SHOFCO Internship Program during secondary school breaks for KSG graduates.
- Assist in overseeing of the mentorship program; this includes planning of events, drafting and sending out monthly emails to mentors, following-up and tracking responses, organizing one-on-ones, and gathering termly class reports.
- Work to find measures to track progress of KSG graduates and impact of SHOFCO on their lives and that of their family.
- Degree in any relevant field
- Experience in working with secondary school students
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Managing tasks
- Upholding standards
- Team working
- Convincing people
- Empowering individuals
- Directing people
How To apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the HR Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Future Education Officer” in the subject line. Applications without this information will not be considered. Do not attach testimonials at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us not later than 4th October 2019.