NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Information Technology Technician Jobs, ICT Jobs, The Nature Conservancy Jobs
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Information Technology Technician assists in the maintenance, tracking, troubleshooting and purchasing of information technology systems for The Nature Conservancy. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is regional supporting all countries where TNC has operations including Gabon, Tanzania, Zambia, Kenya, South Africa, Seychelles and Botswana.
The Information Technology Technician assists in the maintenance, tracking, troubleshooting, and purchasing of information technology systems (including PC and LAN equipment) for Nature Conservancy offices. He/she will monitor, optimize performance and provide disaster recovery service for the information systems in the office and assist staff on troubleshooting software and hardware problems including network issues. Acts as a point of communication between IT and primary operating business units and external vendors and perform local operations functions as appropriate in accordance with TNC and IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist with local inventory maintenance and software license management.
- Monitor security compliance in accordance with TNC and IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for processing purchase orders and installation of IT hardware and software (e.g. PC’s and peripherals) for primary Operating Units.
- Maintain inventory of IT assets
- Provide technical support (PC and network equipment) including backup recovery. Perform complex software and hardware troubleshooting, all under the direction of a ITOM or a Program Director.
- Provide new TNC staff with PC setup and orientation.
- Provide assistance for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment.
- Participate in the communication and deployment of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring data backups in the offices to ensure that they are completed on a regular basis.
- Managing technical documentation
- Support the setup of AV\PA systems when needed.
- Assists in the evaluation of new hardware and software
- 2 years of work experience troubleshooting computer and network systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation.
- Experience supporting MS Office software, Windows and Macintosh environment.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Demonstrated work experience providing excellent customer service.
- Fluency in English and another language (if required).
- Experience working with GIS tools will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Expert use of remote desktop and collaboration tools
HOW TO APPLY:
Online application procedure:
To apply to position number 48036 submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on 20th October 2019
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process