NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Partner Capacity Building Specialist Jobs, NGO Jobs, Mercy Corps Jobs
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We are looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Partner Capacity Building Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya (Split 50% Between Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania And Mozambique)
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps is implementing a multi-year, 12 million GBP Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) program funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office through the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF). This program will engage local and national government, local civil society organizations and communities to mitigate the drivers, enablers and narratives of violent extremism in East Africa through support to policy initiatives, community engagement, and support to national civil society organizations in order to prevent the recruitment of vulnerable individuals by violent extremist organizations. The program will work in Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mozambique and Uganda, through strategies adapted to the context and opportunities in each country to advance research, legislation and field implementation of programme activities.
General Position Summary
The Partner Capacity Building Specialist is responsible for developing a comprehensive approach to identifying capacity gaps in downstream partners, designing activities and programmatic to fill those gaps, and monitoring performance over time to gauge the extent of capacity development in each downstream partner. The capacity building activities will be tailored to needs of each partner as different partners may have different capacity gaps.
- Work with the Deputy Team Lead and other key staff to agree on the strategic approach to partner capacity building, how it fits into the wider program, and to ensure its inclusion in the overall program strategy.
- Design and deliver tailored as well as unified capacity building activities for each partner. Such capacity building activities can include thematic and operational areas and can also be systems/process as well as skill development of team members to deliver for the program.
- Coordinate, manage, and implement capacity building efforts through the mobilization and empowerment of partner organizations to identify, plan, and address priority needs.
- Take responsibility for the development of a tailored partner capacity assessment, drawing on Mercy Corps’ existing Organizational Capacity Index approach and others.
- Lead on the development of institutional strengthening plans for partners that respond to organizational and programmatic priorities, and which draw upon a range of capacity development approaches.
- On the basis of the findings and plan, provide strategic program guidance and technical support for the partner capacity building portion of the program, through provision of support to field staff and partner organizations as required, in coordination with the Deputy Team Lead.
- Refine organizational development tools and recommend best approaches for partner capacity development, building on existing Mercy Corps knowledge and experience.
- Assemble a comprehensive package of training and development modules, which address key technical and organizational capacity gaps
- Identify appropriate expertise, both externally and internally to provide capacity building to partners.
- Participate in the selection of appropriate downstream partners, offering a balanced view of their capacity and potential.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to support partners to monitor implementation and impact of the capacity building activities.
- Organize feedback sessions for stakeholders during the implementation of program activities.
- Work with the MEL team to monitor and evaluate the impact of program activities and respond appropriately if changes are required in capacity building activities to improve impact, in consultation with the Deputy Team Lead.
- Ensure that activities and outputs are completed adequately and within a reasonable timeframe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences Or Related Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 4-5 years working experience in development programs with an INGO, UN agency or other relevant institution.
- Specific experience in capacity building, training and organizational capacity assessment. Regional experience is a plus.
- Experience working on peacebuilding, conflict and governance programmes.
- Strong self-confidence, focused and an outgoing personality – must be able to build trust and relationships. The ability to engage people in dialogues, skills to communicate with various types of people.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully initiate and maintain positive relationships with local NGOs is vital to effective performance.
- Expertise with tools and innovations in Information Communication and Technologies. Proficiency in English language oral and writing skills is also required.
- Ability to adjust and work in dynamic and complex environment/situations.
The successful candidate will have an ability to develop and deliver capacity building strategies and activities. S/he will have a proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results, a willingness to remain mobile for short-term and/or long-term as necessary within the region, based on programmatic needs. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, have curiosity about and sensitivity to new cultures, a desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally and a fabulous sense of humor will all be essential. S/he is an excellent facilitator, can build rapport quickly and is passionate about building capacity of organizations and individuals.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor). Please do not attach any certificates. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd September, 2019. The email subject line must clearly indicate the job title for the position.
Applications will be reviewed by the hiring team on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process