NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Project Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, NGO Jobs, RACIDA Jobs
The Food Security and livelihoods project manager is responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood program in adherence with RACIDA and donor guidelines and standards. He/she will be based in Gedo region Somalia. The project manager will be reporting to the regional programs coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Oversee the implementation of the second phase of RACIDA’s sustainable Agriculture, Food security and livelihood program in Gedo region, Somalia, ensuring timely delivery of all activities in project work plan and results framework
- Ensure participation of the community in the implementation of programme through appropriate mechanisms.
- Provide technical extension service to rural farmers within each livelihood activity in the community.
- Review programme work plans based on pans submitted to donors and revise accordingly
- Manage the food security and livelihoods program to ensure activities are meeting their intended outcomes and objectives and achieving impacts
- Ensure that the programme addresses the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable.
- Develop and review facilitation/training manuals on key topic areas covered under the project
- Provide assessments and analyses on improving crop production and project outcomes for the target project areas
- Coordinate monitoring visits with established community structures in the project areas
- Coordinate with other organizations in the same location to ensure no duplication of efforts.
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments in project target areas.
- Perform regular financial and narrative reporting to RACIDA’s Regional Programs Coordinator and Executive Director in accordance with donor/partner requirements and internal RACIDA regulations
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manage project in line with the logical framework and the programme M&E plan,
- Ensuring staff are accountable and understand M&E requirements and their roles and responsibilities
- Organize regular team coordination meetings
- Coordinate regular and annual data collection and analysis initiatives
- Ensure that quality programme reports are produced and submitted to the Regional Programs Coordinator in a timely manner for donor reporting
- Represent RACIDA at local and regional coordination meetings, in particular Food Security Cluster Group meetings
- At the request of the Executive Director and Regional Programs Coordinator, undertake other representational duties
- B.Sc. in Agriculture Economics and Rural development, sustainable Agriculture and food security, or any related field
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible and successful experience in development work, NGO, Government, or other agencies
- Experienced manager of staff, team builder/leader and member;
- Good understanding of key Sectors including food security, natural disaster risk reduction issues and linkages to relief and development programmes
- Proven ability in report writing, research and documentation and experience in proposal writing
- Competent planner and results-oriented manager; able to prioritize activities in line with project objectives; excellent organizational abilities to coordinate simultaneous tasks under time and resource pressures, to deliver high quality and timely products and results
- Team builder/Team player – excellent ability to lead, build, and inspire teams and to foster teamwork by being a good team player; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in Word, excel, power point, outlook, access knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Somali are required.
- Experience working in Somalia, particularly Gedo region. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
How To Apply
- Deadline: Monday 23rd, September 2019
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.