NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Project Manager Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, Mechanical Engineering Jobs, Construction Management Jobs, AMSOL Jobs
Our client is a social enterprise that provides cost-effective sanitation services to help realize sustainability in urbanizing communities, and are dedicated to improving overall health, dignity, and the environment by transforming waste into an eco-friendly fuel.
Our client is currently expanding its treatment plant, and will be expanding to many different sites across Kenya in the near future. On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit an experienced PROJECT MANAGER to lead the construction and commissioning of the new expansion human waste treatment plant in Kenya. The Project Manager will also transition from successful delivery of the current project to develop and lead a new division as a project coordinator, complete with the strategy, team, systems, and approaches required to deliver upcoming portfolio of infrastructure projects.
This role will report to the Chief Operations Office and have significant interface and inter-dependent working relationships with the Operations, HR and Finance teams to construct and commission new treatment plants. This role will also work closely with the Business Development team at the start of projects to ensure smooth transition from the Project Development Phase (including concept design and financial approval) to the Delivery Phase (construction and commissioning).
- Technical project management: Project Manager focused on delivery of a feces-to-fuel treatment plant:
- Accountability for the Delivery Phase: including procurement, contract development and award, construction, and commissioning.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the project, including internal reporting, budget controls, quality assurance, schedule, contract administration, contractor management, commissioning management, etc.
- Management: leading needed staff to reach successful project delivery:
- Engaging and managing all required resources (e.g. Quantity Surveyor, Engineer, Site Manager, Clerk of the Works, etc) to successfully deliver the project.
- Managing internal staff (including any required commissioning personnel) on a new Projects Team.
- Coordinating with other staff to ensure project success.
- Strategy Creation: After the successful delivery of the first infrastructure project, this role will expand to influence more of the strategic plan across the enterprise:
- Develop and implement the required Project Controls (e.g. reports, budget and schedule management tools, contracts, etc) for usage in future projects.
- Advising on expansion strategy and Project Development from a Project Management perspective.
- Provide material input to a detailed plan guiding the enterprise’s vision of providing safely managed sanitation to over 1 million people in the next 7 years.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management.
- Project Management certification.
- Delivered more than two infrastructure projects with values greater than $1m USD.
- A minimum of 10 years working on construction of infrastructure projects.
- A minimum of 7 years working in East Africa, Kenya preferred.
- Industry experience in water, wastewater, sanitation, energy, or manufacturing.
- Experience leading tendering for infrastructure projects.
- Experience leading operations or commissioning.
- Community relations experience.
- Contract administration and negotiations experience.
- Competency in Swahili.
- Experience working in a resource-constrained environment.
- Experience with various contracting methods.
- Willing to create systems from scratch and educate a team on industry best practices.
- Comfortable with a start-up environment, with multiple priorities and quick timelines.
- Eager to live and work in Naivasha, Kenya for minimum 2 years.
- A constant will to learn and improve.
How To Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line, by 08th September 2019.
NB: Where possible, application to include a portfolio of previous infrastructure projects managed; and a sample of a final report for a large infrastructure project led.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted